The recipe is from the very talented Deeba's kitty and can be found here, I however played around with outstanding results, omitting eggs altogether whilst increasing the amount of yogurt.
Flour – 1 1/2 cups
Wholewheat flour -1/2 cup
Cocoa – 2/3 cup
Instant Coffee – 2 tbsp
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Salted Butter – 1/2 cup; at room temperature
Sugar (powdered/caster) – 1 cup
Thick and fresh Yogurt/curd – 2 cups
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Coffee Extract – 1 tsp (optional)
Unsalted butter-50 gms
Icing Sugar 2 tbsp
for the frosting-
Cocoa powder-2 tbsp
Sugar (icing)-2 tbsp
knob of butter(1 tsp)
- Grease well & flour pan you would be using approx 9' one, & preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift both the flours + baking powder + baking soda + salt + cocoa. Keep aside.
- Beat the butter & sugar. Add the coffee & vanilla extract & beat.
- Now alternatively add the flour mix & yogurt till well incorporated. Don’t over mix. The batter will be quite thick, ie, not a flowing one.
- Turn into loaf tins/round/bundt cake pan level out & bake for 45 mins to an hour/until done. Slide a sheet of foil over the top loosely if you see it browning too soon.
- Once done, cool in pan for 5 minutes, turn out on rack.For the filling-Microwave chocolate and butter till beginning to soften, mix well icing sugar(sieved) and beat well ,slice cake in half and sandwich.