Don't we all love easy, quick dinners?? I sure do, this is one such pasta recipe which is ready from scratch to the table very quickly!.. and is nutritious to boot...
To make this ridiculously easy pasta you need-
- Pasta of choice (I used tubes)-2 cups boiled till tender but not mushy, if you are a first timer, follow instructions here
- Frozen mixed chopped veggies of choice(carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflower)-1 cup (u can use fresh too)
- Fat free/reduced fat mayonnaise-1/2 cup
- Ready tomato puree-1/2 cup
- Oregano-1/2 tsp
- Garlic- minced-1/2 tsp
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Onion- 1 small diced
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Grated cheese- 2-3 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan, saute garlic and onion for a minute till fragrant.
- Add the tomato puree and fry till oil leaves sides of pan.
- Microwave the mixed veggies on high for 5 minutes till tender, or simmer in open pan till tender but still crunchy even upto 1 day before.
- Add the sugar and oregano to the tomato puree and mix well.
- Now add in the vegetables, the pasta and mayo along with salt and pepper, combine thoroughly and cook till heated through
- Sprinkle grated cheese (I skimped on the cheese but really you should not) on top and serve with toasted garlic bread.