Today I made this warm, milky, flavorful Thai curry which is very comforting eaten with freshly boiled basmati or jasmine rice, it scores high on the nutrition scale too and is tasty to boot, so lets get cooking!
Thai yellow curry paste is easily available at all supermarkets and is easily distinguishable from its Red and Green counterparts, using Coconut milk from a tetrapack is so easy and I definitely prefer it over the elbow grease of extracting milk from fresh coconuts.
- Boneless Chicken- 500gms
- Coconut Milk- 200 ml (freshly squeezed from 2 coconuts or packaged)
- Thai yellow curry paste-50 gms
- Refined oil-2 tbsp
- French beans- a handful, top and tail
- Brinjals(long variety)- 2-3 sliced lengthwise
- Cauliflower(separate into florets) 1/2 cup
- Carrots-1/2 cup diced, if desired
- Cilantro/ Coriander- for garnish
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and empty the contents of Yellow Curry paste(easily available at all supermarkets).Fry for a minute.
- Add the washed Chicken pieces and continue frying on low heat for another 5-8 minutes.
- Next tip in the coconut milk and stir well, add salt.
- Add the veggies and cover, add 1/2 cup more water if required.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes till the Chicken and veggies are both cooked through, taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with freshly boiled rice.Enjoy!