All of us desire it, lust after it and spend thousands on it, yes I am talking about flawless skin, it is every Woman's dream and envy at the same time, yet there is nothing as beautiful as good skin, have you ever touched the skin of a new born?, oooh pure bliss!.Let's make a super salad that takes you closer to the skin of your dreams, and I promise you if you have a bowl everyday, in a month's time your skin will absolutely glow :).To make this you require-
- Guavas (firm green one's)-2
- Carrot- 1 large
- Radish- 1 small
- Baby spinach- few leaves
- Walnuts- a handful
- Lemon juice- as required
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Slice guavas lengthwise, discard seeds, slice guava, carrots and radish into matchsticks, wash spinach well, toss together in a large bowl squeeze lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle walnuts on top.Chill for half an hour so that flavors mingle in, serve.
I used the freshest baby spinach you can ever use, plucked right off my kitchen garden :)
- Guavas can help improve your skin texture and avoid skin problems more than the best of beauty creams or skin toner gels can do. This is chiefly due to the abundance of astringents in its fruits (more in immature ones) and in leaves. It will tone up and tighten the loosened skin.In addition to the astringents, guava is very, very rich in vitamins A, B, C and potassium which are very good anti-oxidants and detoxifiers and keep your skin glowing and free from aging, wrinkles and other disorders.
- Carrots are regarded as the 'herbal healer' of skin diseases as they promote the repair of skin tissue. Carrots are a valuable source of Vitamin A, which is a major vitamin for skin health. Carrots are rich in antioxidants, including phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals, which protect, nourish and moisturize the skin. Nutrition received from carrots helps to reduce photosensitivity to promote skin renewal and protect the skin from sun damage.
- Ever noticed that Popeye has great skin as well as bulging biceps? Probably not :). But you can credit his love of spinach for his great health. Spinach - and other leafy greens like cabbage, kale and watercress are a great source of antioxidant vitamins A, C, E and the mineral iron - essential for keeping your blood healthy and your skin bright. They're also rich in B vitamins, so they have the added benefit of boosting your energy (and so in turn your activity levels and your 'glow' factor). Try adding rocket, watercress or baby spinach to your regular salad and in sandwiches.
- Eating walnuts regularly is a good way to help improve the general smoothness and softness of the skin.Walnut oils contain linoleic acid, which helps to maintain the skin's structure, keeping it well hydrated.Vit E and Zinc, also found in walnuts are great for the skin.
Reason enough to go make a bowl of this salad???
I am a dietician/nutritionist by profession, mail me if you have any diet related queries :)
Bookmark this post :