|Fresh Plum Tea Loaf|
To make this divine loaf you need-
- Self raising flour-175 gms/1 and 1/2 cups
- Baking powder-1 tsp
- Butter-50 gms
- Skim milk-4 tbsp (60 ml)
- Plums-4 big, ripe and juicy, sliced
- Vanilla extract-1 tsp
- Sugar-50 gms
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/350 F.Grease and line a 450 gm loaf tin.Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar, add the milk, vanilla and sliced plums and mix.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.Run a knife around the edges to loosen, then turn out on a wire rack to cool.
Bookmark this post :