- Carrots- 3/4 kg
- Condensed Milk-1 can
- Milk- 1 liter full fat
- Cardamom (green)-2-3 crushed
- Mixed dry fruits-1/2 cup
- Clarified butter(desi ghee)-1/2 cup+1 tbsp for frying the dry fruit
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and fry grated carrots till fragrant, about 15 minutes,this is very important to impart a good flavour to the halwa
- Add the Milk, condensed milk and cardamoms and cook on a slow flame, stirring carefully till Milk is absorbed, this will take about half an hour, do not stir too much or you will end up with a mush, but be careful not to burn it also.
- Adjust sugar, fry the dry fruits and garnish the halwa with them, you can also add some khoya/mawa to the halwa at this stage.
- Enjoy the halwa hot :-)
Bookmark this post: