Dense, fudgy moreish and chocolatey!!!.. rich with the Mediterranean goodness of heart healthy olive oil...great for kids and adults alike. Though they are enriched with olive oil you cannot make out or miss the taste of butter at all.Both the walnuts and olive oil are rich sources of Omega 3..so go on...indulge :-)
To make these luscious goodies..u need-
- Dark Cooking chocolate- 100gms
- Powdered sugar- 200gms
- Plain flour(maida)- 140 gms
- Chocolate chips- 100gms
- Chopped walnuts- 50gms
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- Olive oil-1/2 cup
- Pinch of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- Grease and line a brownie tray/ Swiss roll tray or any large rectangular pan. It is very important to line it either with greaseproof sheet or foil otherwise brownies will stick to the pan.
- Break chocolate roughly into large chunks with a rolling pin and add olive oil, heat on low flame in a thick bottomed pan.
- Let chocolate melt completely but on low heat and then let the mixture cool down till warm to touch.
- Next break the eggs one by one into the melted chocolate mixture and combine well, now add the sugar and mix very well, it will turn into a jelly like mass.
- Add the flour, vanilla essence, baking powder, chocolate chips and salt and combine thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan and level, sprinkle walnuts on top.
- Bake at 180 C for 20-30 minutes. DO not over bake.
Bookmark this post :