Powered by Blogger.

March 22, 2010

"KANJI" CALLING...

There is something wildly addictive about this drink, which comprises of Water and Black Carrots!
Yes I am referring to the ever popular "kanji", I remember as a child we used to love it but my mom always gave us little, as it is supposed to be enjoyed in little quantities, my guess is that too much upsets the stomach or perhaps because of the kick it has, it was off limits for kids :)
They also say that it is best enjoyed chilled while basking in the sun, I have a bottle chilling and just the thought of it is making me salivate, it is so impossibly delicious and great for weight watchers, yet incredibly simple to make.
The carrots used are the black variety, that lend a gorgeous shade to this drink.
Ingredients

  • Black carrots-4
  • Water-2 liters
  • Mustard seeds-2 tbsp(powdered)
  • salt-2 tsp
  • Red chilli powder-1/2 tsp
Method-
  1. Wash and scrape the carrots, be prepared to have your hand stained purple or wear gloves.
  2. Chop Carrots into longish pieces.
  3. Take a big glass jar, big enough for 2 liters of water and combine all the ingredients together, give it a good shake.
  4. Leave jar in the sun for 5-6 days for the drink to ferment and sour.
  5. Taste the kanji, adjust salt if required, chill and serve in glasses with a fork to fish out the pieces of carrots.

Print Friendly and PDF
Bookmark this post :
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

5 comments :

Hari Chandana P March 22, 2010 at 2:25 PM  

very new to me.. perfect for this summer.. Nice one!!

Priya Suresh March 22, 2010 at 10:43 PM  

Woww wat a fantastic and catchy juice..

Vaishali Sharma March 23, 2010 at 1:33 AM  

Oh...I love Kaanji and I miss having it sooo much!! We don't get Black Carrots here :(

FewMinute Wonders March 23, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

I have never seen black carrots. are they beets?They look like it. Wow!

Aditi Patwardhan September 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM  

Aww! This kanji looks out of the world. I'd love to try it out, but I haven't seen black carrots yet. Can we use the normal carrots instead?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Back to TOP   

} catch(err) {}