If you are one of those people who thought “nutritious” and “delicious” couldn’t mix, you are in for a happy surprise! Because that’s just what the following recipe is all about…tasty, healthy, simple… that you and your family will love.
To be fit and healthy, modifications in diet are required, but at most times people trying to adopt a healthier lifestyle or trying to lose weight or suffering from a medical condition get frustrated with a monotonous diet and a long list of foods that one has to avoid.And that is exactly the right time to refer to the following recipe...
Sandesh is a classic Bengali sweet made with fresh chenna/paneer which is often flavored in a variety of ways.In this recipe a fascinating combination of low fat paneer and citrus fruits like oranges/raspberries/
- For Sandesh-
- Low fat fresh paneer(homemade with skim milk)-50gms
- Low fat/Skim milk powder-2 tsp
- Skim milk-1 tbsp
- Honey/Stevia/sweetener- 1 tsp
- For the orange sauce-
- Fresh orange juice-1/3 cup
- Cornflour-1/4 tsp
- Sweetener-1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice-3 drops
- Fresh chopped fruits(choose from raspberries/strawberries/
- For the sandesh-Combine all the ingredients and blend to a smooth paste in a blender, spread on a serving dish and chill.
- For the orange sauce-Combine all the ingredients in a pan and mix well, cook till sugar has dissolved, cool completely.
- To serve- Garnish the sandesh with the chopped fruits, pour sauce on top and serve or serve sauce separately.
- Calories-46 kcal
- Protein-3.2 gms
- Fat-2.8 gms
- Calcium-66 mg
Bookmark this post :