Today in the morning I got a phone call from some close friends, saying that they were coming to visit, SO... I made these banana muffins, which were gobbled down in no time, one friend even requested that I pack the left over one's so that she can enjoy them with her evening coffee!
The honeyed flavor of bananas laced with cinnamon and topped with crunchy, toasty almonds is really delicious.
These little gems are a lazy cook's best friend as only a little dreamy stirring is all that is required!
To make these you need-
- Flour-1 1/4 cup
- Baking powder-1/2 tsp
- Baking soda-1/2 tsp
- Bananas- 2, very ripe, mashed
- Powdered sugar-3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil/ melted butter-1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract-1 capful/ tsp
- Cinnamon- 1/2 tbsp
- Salt-1/4 tsp
- Almonds- a handful, pulse lightly in mixer
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line muffin pan with paper cup liners.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together- like Bananas, eggs, butter, vanilla and mix well either by electric mixer or by hand.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together and gently fold into the wet mixture.
- Place generous spoonfuls into the lined pan and sprinkle with almonds, bake for 15 minutes or till golden brown and well risen
- Serve with hot/cold coffee.Lovely with a scoop of Caramel crunch/vanilla Ice cream!
Bookmark this post :