Lebanese style recipe- Pita bread with tender, juicy chunks of Chicken, makes for a complete meal and it is healthy to boot! Most of the prep work can be done a day ahead, then all it takes is last minute assembling and you have dinner on the table in minutes.Ingredients-
- Pita bread- 4 (sliced in half to make 8 pita ‘pockets’)
- Boneless chicken- 500 gms (cut up into bite sized pieces)
- Ginger +garlic paste (fresh)- 1 tbsp
- Fresh yogurt- 1 cup
- Fresh French beans- 250 gms ( top and tail)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Grated cheese, sliced onions, tomatoes and lettuce- acc. to requirement
- For the Hummus-
- Boiled chickpeas-1 cup
- Lemon juice- 2 tbsp
- Garlic- 2 plump cloves (minced)
- Tahini- 1 tbsp
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
In a large bowl combine the yogurt and ginger-garlic paste, toss in the Chicken pieces, add salt and pepper and mix to coat evenly.Leave for at least 2 hours.
Pre heat griller and grill the chicken pieces for 20 minutes or till golden, keep warm.
Boil or steam the green beans, sprinkle salt and pepper and keep warm.
For the Hummus-
Combine the Chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic and tahini and blend in a blender, add salt to taste.Dish out in a serving bowl, drizzle olive oil on top.
To assemble and serve-
Lightly roast pita and fill pockets with the tender chicken, lettuce and onions, top with grated cheese and grill for a further 10 minutes till cheese is golden and bubbling.
Serve with the warm beans and Hummus.Enjoy!
Bookmark this post :