- Fresh cottage cheese(paneer)- 200 gms
- Ginger paste (fresh ground)- 1 heaped teaspoon
- Garlic paste (fresh ground)- 1 heaped teaspoon
- Onions- 2 medium sized skinned and pureed in blender
- Tomatoes- 3 large sized (blanched and pureed)
- MDH Kasoori methi- 1/2 tsp crushed and stems removed OR fresh fenugreek- 1 tsp chopped
- Fresh mint- 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Garam masala- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Orange food colour (optional)- a pinch or few drops
- Heavy cream- 2 large tbsp.
- Green chilli- 1 finely chopped
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add cumin seeds and let sputter, add the ginger and garlic paste and fry for a minute
- Add the onion paste and fry till very light brown, take care not to over brown.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook till oil separates from the masala.
- Cube the paneer into bite sized pieces.
- Add the cream, garam masala, green chilli, kasoori methi, mint, food colour to the masala and give it a good stir, add 1/2 cup hot water and cover.
- After 2-3 minutes tip in the paneer, season with salt and pepper, don not cook the paneer for too long as it becomes tough, just a minute should suffice.Let the paneer soak in the flavours for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve piping hot garnished with more mint/coriander.
Bookmark this post :