- Chicken- 1 (cut into 12 pcs)cleaned and washed
- Ground onions- 3 medium sized
- Tomatoes pureed-3 medium sized
- Bay leaves-2
- Cinnamon- 1 pc
- Cardamom-2 crushed
- Clarified butter(desi ghee)-2-3 tbsp
- Whipped thick curd-1/2 cup
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds-1/2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander and green chillies to garnish
- Heat ghee, add all the whole spices and fry till fragrant.
- Add the ground onions and fry till brown stirring all the time
- Now add the tomatoes and ginger garlic till masala leaves side of the pan.
- Lastly add yogurt and the chicken, cover and cook till chicken is done, no need to add more water as chicken will leave water.
- Check if Chicken is done then season with salt and pepper , garnish with slit green chillies and coriander.Enjoy with hot paranthas, butter naans or rice!
Bookmark this post :