Yesterday I came across some lovely Himalayan organic ricotta, made locally, otherwise good cheese is difficult to come by in most parts of India except for Delhi I think where you can get a good variety of local as well as imported cheese.The first thing that came into mind was to make a simple,refreshing summer dip, which we munched piled high on to with crackers, veggies and good ole' potato crisps...
- Ricotta cheese- 200 gms
- Onion-1 medium chopped fine
- Green chillies- 2 deseeded and sliced
- Cilantro- a handful, chopped
- Fresh, tender ginger- 1 tbsp ,chopped fine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients well in a large bowl, garnish with more cilantro, serve.Taste the dip you will feel an explosion of all the lovely fresh flavors in your mouth..totally Indian, totally desi, totally us!
Bookmark this post :