Summer stone fruits are flooding the market, tart, ripe and juicy!They are perfect for any baked dessert.The minute I bought these I had a tangy fruit loaf in mind, perfect with Iced Tea.Though the first fruit is luscious on it's own, this loaf stays long after the fresh fruit has gone!!
To make this loaf you need-
- Caster Sugar-50gms
- Plain flour-115 gms
- Baking powder-1 teaspoon
- Assortment of Summer stone fruits (I used 3 ripe plums, 2 peaches and about 5 fresh apricots)
- Butter-50 gms (melted)Walnuts-1/2 cup chopped
- Cinnamon if desired
- Preheat oven to 180C.Grease and line a 450g tin and keep aside.
- Quarter the fruits and peel off skins, leave apricots whole and chop all fruits roughly.
- Sieve flour with baking powder.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar and egg and mix well tip in the chopped fruit, walnuts and finally fold in flour.
- Spoon into prepared tin and bake for 50-60 minutes.Turn loaf out onto wire rack and let cool, slice and serve.Will keep upto a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
Bookmark this post :