It all started when I came across Kay's blog and thought that why not try this-it is basically a two week NO GRAIN DIET, a modified version of the South Beach diet, Bee and Indira are in it too and you can click on their names to find out just what they are doing :), as for me, I thought I must share my experience with you all and maybe someone can benefit out of it too, I know it is pretty boring to read a diet log BUT if you are seriously thinking of being fit and maybe lose some weight this can come in handy.
I have never followed a diet in my entire life, have never fasted, but due to certain hormonal changes, my weight had reached a plateau, with my BMI touching 26 I thought it is time for some serious action, I thought I will never get past a few hours on this plan and today is DAY 2!! and I am feeling great, I did have a headache which Kay says is a sign of detox, but otherwise no hunger pangs.
My first concern was that since I am working 9 hours a day, how will I be able to pull across without chapatis/rotis without feeling a loss of energy, once I devised the following mixture and made a dough out of it for my chapatis I was at ease, it is basically combining half quantity of soyabean flour and half of gramflour, kneading it and making chapatis out of it, I think it tastes great and I loved it!
- Early Morning-Unsweetened tea-1 cup+Besan bhujia- a handful
- Breakfast-Buttermilk with roasted zeera- 1 glass+
- Fresh Peaches-2
- Mid-morning-Almonds-a handful
- Lunch-Besan Cheela-2 small+
- Amaranth dal-2 katoris+
- Black chana-1/2 katori+1 small tomato+lemon juice
- Walk for 1 hour in the Evening
- Evening-(instead of Tea/Coffee)Roasted soyabean+bhuna chana mixture+1/2 glass veggie and fruit juice
- Dinner-1 large besan cheela+1 egg
- I started with the Soyabean -besan chapatis today, yeasterday it was only Besan cheela.
- I also take 1 Evening primrose oil capsule +1 Tablet B-Long-F both for PMS, also 1 calcium tablet.
I was craving some Sugar though but the small amount of fruit in the veggie juice took care of it, so as of now everything's under control :) hmmm...so far... so good!!
Bookmark this post :