Another super-fabulous recipe from my mother's kitty!... and while your guest's fawn all over over it , you can prettily say-"Oh that!, that was no trouble at all!.This is one of those snacks that is effortless but looks and tastes like a professional put it together!
- fresh cottage cheese(paneer)-250 gms
- cheddar cheese-1/4 cup(grated)
- onion- 1 medium sized finely chopped
- green chilli- 1 sliced fine
- fresh ginger- 2' piece(finely chopped)
- roasted zeera(roasted cumin seeds)-1 tsp. coarsely powdered
- juice of half a lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander(cilantro/parsley)leaves- finely chopped
Grate the cottage cheese or crumble with your hand, knead it till you get a kind of soft pliable dough, add all the rest of the ingredients except for coriander leaves and season with salt and pepper.
the mashed-up cottage & cheddar cheese
Take the dough into your hands and shape into a cylinderical log ,this will be pretty easy to do (refer to first pic ),take a large piece of home foil and spread out the coriander leaves on it,make sure they are dry, moving quickly and carefully roll the log in the coriander leaves till all sides are fully coated, wrap the foil around it retaining the same basic log shape ,i.e roll it up in the foil, twist the sides of foil to seal and chill in the refrigerator for an hour at least.
This is the interesting part, roll open the foil ,you will get a perfectly shaped cylinderical shaped log covered with coriander leaves, place on a serving tray, add fresh salted /monaco biscuits /cheese-crackers /canapes /saltines to the side and place a knife, guests cut out a roundel from the log place it over the biscuit and eat!
The best part about this snack is
- It's a no fuss dish, guest's help themselves so you don't have to worry about serving.
- Can be made hours ahead, no last minute panic.
- The taste of bhuna(roasted) zeera literally shines through
- people wonder how the log was made with all the ingredients inside it,since it solidifies totally into a compact cylinder shape
- Tastes wonderfully refreshing with drinks
- A totally perfect snack for vegetarians
a variety of crackers can be used
Bookmark this post: